This class runs as two 3 hour sessions
Wednesday, February 21th - 7pm - 10pm
Thursday, February 22th - 7pm - 10pm
Learn basic arc welding skills with an emphasis on safe work practices in a metal shop environment; oxy-acetylene cutting, shielded metal arc welding (SMAW or stick), gas metal arc welding (MIG or GMAW), and flux core arc welding.
• Students must wear closed toed leather shoes, long sleeved shirts, and pants made of cotton, wool, or leather.
• Welding and cutting specific personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided.
• Students will be given safety glasses, hearing protection, and welding gloves.
• Some students prefer to have a bandana or cap to protect their hair. Long hair will need to be securely tied back.
• Students should be prepared to get anything they wear dirty and possibly damaged by sparks.
“Welding Skills” by Moniz and Miller
“Welder’s Handbook” by Richard Finch