This class runs in one 6 hour session.
Start bending sheet metal to your will. In this project-based workshop you will get an introduction to cold methods for working with sheet metal. Students will make a personalized box or toolbox from galvanized mild steel.
Materials and plans will be provided.
Skills and tools covered:
Basic metal shop safety
Use of sheet metal break, roller, and bead roller
Measuring and marking materials
Methods for cutting
Drilling, pop riveting, & Cleco’s
Hammering, peening, stamping
• Students must wear closed-toed leather shoes, long-sleeved shirts, and pants made of cotton, wool, or leather.
• Students will be provided with safety glasses, hearing protection, and gloves to keep.
• Some students prefer to have a bandana or cap to protect their hair. Long hair will need to be securely tied back.
• Students should be prepared for anything they wear to get dirty and possibly damaged by sparks.
• Students should bring food for lunch break.
Class may be rescheduled due to low attendance.