What we're about
This mapup is for:
1. Discussing the best, and worst, maps ever made and how we can learn from them.
2. Stories of the greatest expeditions ever and the maps that helped, or hindered, them.
3. Reviewing the oldest and the newest maps to see if the profession has progressed sufficiently since Anaximander 2,600 years ago.
4. Philosophical and ethical discussions about map power.
This mapup will:
1. Provide a space for people passionate about maps to be open about their hopes and dreams.
2. Involve paper, screens and mud.
3. Put us in touch with our feelings about maps.
4. Provide a platform for changing the world, by provoking us to get up at 4am to make better maps of it.