The inaugural session of the Advanced Apache Spark Meetup is starting out with a bang!
We'll present a real-world, open source, advanced analytics and machine learning pipeline using *all 20* Open Source technologies listed below.
This Meetup is based on my recent "Top-5" Hadoop Summit/Data Science talk called "Spark After Dark". Spark After Dark is a mock online dating site that uses Spark, Spark SQL, DataFrames, MLlib, GraphX, Cassandra, and ElasticSearch - among many other technologies listed below - to generate quality, real-time dating recommendations for its users.
Here are the Spark After Dark slides: http://www.slideshare.net/cfregly/spark-after-dark-real-time-advanced-analytics-and-machine-learning-with-spark
All code - and the entire pipeline runtime - will be dockerized and made publicly available on Github and the Docker Hub Registry.
Technologies to be demo'd:
1) Apache Zeppelin (notebook-based development)
2) Apache Spark SQL/DataFrames (Data Analysis and ETL)
3) Apache Spark Streaming + Apache Kafka (Real-time Collection of Live Data from Interactive Demo)
4) Spark Streaming + Real-time Machine Learning (K-Means Clustering, Log/Lin Regression)
5) Apache Spark MLlib + GraphX (Generate personalized and non-personalized recommendations using various algorithms and feature engineering techniques including one hot encoding)
6) MLlib + PMML Integration (Open Standard Markup Language for Predictive Models)
7) Highly-scalable, NetflixOSS-based Machine Learning Prediction Serving Layer including Service Discover (Eureka) and Circuit Breakers (Hystrix) for Fault Tolerance
8) Zeppelin + Python-based scikit-learn Machine Learning
9) Spark + Neo4j = MazeRunner (Real-time Neo4j Graph Updates Beyond GraphX Batch Analytics)
10) Spark R (Distributed R algorithmns)
11) Apache Spark JDBC/ODBC Thrift Server (Beeline and Tableau Analytics Explorer Integration)
12) Tachyon (Off-heap storage)
13) Spark Job Server (REST API for managing Spark jobs)
14) Spark + Cassandra (NoSQL, Lambda Arch Speed Layer)
15) Spark + ElasticSearch (Distributed Search Engine)
16) Spark + Redis (Distributed, Persistent Key-Value Store Similar to Memcached)
17) Logstash (Log Agent + Collection)
18) Kibana (ElasticSearch-based Analytics Explorer UI)
19) HDFS + Parquet (Columnar Storage Format, Tight Compression, Lightning Fast Columnar Aggregations)
20) Advanced visualizations within Zeppelin using python-based matplotlib and ggplot
Reminder that we'll be Docker-izing *everything* for you to reuse.
Keep an eye on the Github and Docker Hub Registry links under project name "fluxcapacitor":
Bonus: Free 30-day Trial @ www.databricks.com
Databricks Cloud Notebook-based Development and Cluster Management.
See everyone soon!