Location visible to members
Now that you have learned about Focus and Bokeh in our first two Photo 102 classes. We will apply those two skills and learn the basics of taking a "portrait."
EACH ATTENDEE OF THIS CLASS WILL ALSO BE A SUBJECT! - Thats right! YOU, yes YOU. You will be getting your PORTRAIT taken by the other classmates. Wear something nice. This is a fantastic opportunity to get a new profile photo or headshot. This is an important aspect of this class as I want EACH and every one of you to also feel what it's like to be the SUBJECT, on the other side of the lens.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
• The basics of posing a subject. What looks good, what doesn't, and why.
• How to choose a good background
• How to elicit a natural smile
• How to use the different focus modes, what they are, and why they work.
• Tips and tricks for better focus
WHAT TO BRING:
• Your favorite portrait lens - I recommend a mid-range to telephoto lens. 80mm to 200mm is ideal.
• Wear NICE clothes - Remember, you will be getting your portrait taken too!
• (no flashes. We will be working with natural light only)
WHERE TO MEET:
• Coldwater Springs Park. There is a gravel parking lot that is free. Follow the gravel road BEYOND what appears to be the end of the road (cul-de-sac) and you will find the parking lot there.
This is part one of a three-part series called PEOPLE led by Preston Palmer. Photographers who participate in all three classes in the series will be given a 20% discount on one ticket to any paid event listed on PrestonPalmer.com (http://www.prestonpalmer.com/).