Our group supports lesbian, gay, bisexual or questioning women who want to widen their circle of friends. We participate in fun and engaging adventures both in and out of the city. In the city, we offer the opportunity to socialize in a fun, low key, friendly and relaxed way. We visit museums, attend lesbian social gatherings, concerts, shows, movies, and other cultural activities in the city. We also offer cultural walks around town. When we venture out of the city we may hike, kayak, canoe, go to the beach, or participate in sports. So put a little adventure in your life and join Tampa's adventure group for grrrls. All women are welcome!
- Our leadership team is inclusive, diverse, antiracist, and intergenerational, and we strive to embody this ethos at all our events.
- If you'd like us to post an event, please contact us.
- Since this is a friendship group, we ask that members refrain from business promotions, selling or proselytizing to group members.
- If you prefer that your pic not be taken, no problem - just let folks know (the main organizer doesn't take pics of folks, but other members are sometimes inspired to do so. Don't be shy about saying you don't want yours taken, if you don't). If your pic gets taken during an event and you'd prefer it isn't posted to our private group page, just let us know and we'll take it down.
- You are responsible for your own safety while out with the group. By joining the group you agree not to hold any of its event organizers liable for any injury, accident, property loss or death. If you bring guests who are not members of the group, this assumes you have shared this agreement with them and that they have agreed to these terms.
- Be respectful of people at events. If behavior is disrespectful, (e.g., drunken behavior, harassment) we will need to ban that person's membership.
- We don't charge for membership and so aren't social directors, but merely out for fun and friendship right along with you :)
- It's usually easy to find us (we bring signs), but please prepare ahead of events and ask any questions you may have ahead of time about where to find us, etc. We will try to check the Meetup app at events, but since the whole point is to be off social media during that time, we may not have access to the site and may not see your questions! At the same time, you can try to post questions during an event and members will often be able to help out.