Needs a location
Gunung Yong Yap (20-23 Jul 2018)
Ranking #6 of the highest mountain in Peninsula Malaysia
Difficulty: Moderate to Hard
Mount Yong Yap (Malay Gunung Yong Yap) is a high mountain located near Perak, Malaysia. At 2,168 m, it is the 6th highest point in Peninsula Malaysia.
Trail is tough with all the fallen tree trunks, sharp-edged bamboos, thorny trees and branches, make a lot of difficulties for hikers to get the mountain's peak. Climbers is advised to wear trousers because of the sharp-edged bamboos. Extremely steep and tough trails while conquering the summit, uneven and slippery trail make the whole journey tough and challenging for some of the climbers that are not experienced at climbing a mountain. Mount Yong Yap is considered to be one of the most toughest treks in Peninsula Malaysia
Highlights and Expectations:
* Overnight camping at basecamp
* Summit Attack with day bag
* Trek through mossy forest
* 4WD drive and river crossing
* please note that trails in this trip range from medium to difficult and are meant for experienced hikers only. Never go untrain for the G7 mountains.
Join in our training at Charlie Mike
This is a hardship trip, the hardship begins with taking bus to ipoh, about 9 hours ride.
Follow by 4WD , 1.5 hrs ride on road follow by another 2.5hrs ride off road to trail head, rain or shine.
Then the 3D2N hike,
- you are expected to carry 10-15kg of personal n food load
- proper hiking wear, long pants n hiking shoes
- proper gear minimum 50lite bag, headlamp
- prepared to climb 8hrs to summit
- last day descend from summit to base approx 8-10hrs
- take care of your personal first aids kit.
Packing list will be provided to participants after your slot has been confirmed
NOTE : You will be placed on WAITLIST until payment is received. For details of cost and full itinerary please message Alice at[masked] and receive the go-ahead. Do understand that you participation will be on selection basis.
Registration and Payment Details:
Step 1- via ATM/Bank transfer to ADVENTURES UNLIMITED, DBS CURRENT A/C -[masked]
Step 2: Whatapp proof of payment receipt to [masked] (IMPORTANT: PLEASE INDICATE "Yong Yap 2018"!!!)
Step 3 Receipt for payment will be issued and you will be added into a dedicated whatsapp chat for this trip nearer to the start date.
organised by Adventures Unlimited Pte Ltd, License No: TA 02844