This will be predominantly a fitness style class with some yoga moves included to increase its effectiveness.
This class is for those who like to mix their yoga with a more intense style workouts and being active outdoors.
• If you are keen to shed unwanted fat and get fit and strong super fast for the summer
• If you enjoy being outside and not afraid to get dirty and muddy once in a while
• If you like the feeling of the positive rush of endorphins through the body
- this class is for you!!
Its main focus is fat burning and toning of all muscle groups to make you look super lean and feel confident.
You don't have to be super fit to participate - all levels welcome. This class is designed in such a way that can be adopted to each individual ability without affecting the group. If you are starting on your journey to better fitness or are already very sporty and want to increase your performance by cross training, this class will be equally beneficial in getting you to your goal.
More detail about the classes:
The workout is specifically designed to develop cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength, and fast-track your fat loss. Using my Personal Training knowledge of the most effective exercises and ways of performing them I have put together a powerful workout that is guaranteed to produce results.
The class will be a mix of 3 types of activities:
1) Bodyweight resistance training exercises. Exercises that are designed to engage maximum number of muscles in one movement, and mimic your natural functional movement patterns and hence develop your strength and fitness that would be useful in improving your quality of life (as opposed to isolated gym equipment exercises that only work on a few muscles at a time and often make you work in superficial range of motion that is rarely utilised in your day-to-day life.)
2) Yoga postures and sequences - performed in between the resistance training moves to work the muscles in a static way (which increases blood flow to that particular muscle). By bringing more nutrient-rich oxygenated blood to the area, we will promote faster muscular development, moreover, the nature of most yoga moves brings a more balanced development to all the muscles trained during the workout.
3) Cardiovascular interval training - designed to improve your Cardiovascular fitness as well as increase your body's fat burning during and even after your workout. this will involve running, jumping, skipping, kick boxing and other fun activities
To increase its effectiveness even further by keeping your muscles and joints supple, - the class will start and finish with a yoga warm up and cool down and deep guided relaxation (weather permitting) to help you regenerate and become stronger faster.
8 week Fast Track Fat Loss Programme - guaranteed faster fat loss results. This is for those who have intense desire to look their best for the summer season or have an event to prepare for. It is also for those who like to be part of a group of motivated yogis sharing similar goals and get extra individual support and guidance from me on healthy nutrition and do-at-home class routines sent to you in online video format (so that you never miss a workout in case you cannot attend a scheduled class.)
This programme will require commitment to attending the scheduled fat loss classes minimum 3 times a week, give you access to individual nutrition consultation and diet guidance, monthly reviews of progress, and email and phone support throughout the programme. If you are interested, please let me know by email. You can join the programme any time and day of the week.
What to wear and bring with you:
This class will require you to wear trainers for the parts of it. Please wear comfortable clothes, and several layers so that they can keep you warm during the warm up and cool down, but something that you can take off during the main part as you may get a bit hot and sweaty.
Water - its recommended to bring water with you to drink during the class
Yoga mats - not necessary but it is likely to provide you more comfort during the yoga parts of the class.
Meeting place and workout place:
We will meet outside the Metro Tuileries, and then walk over to the lawns in front of the Museum des Arts Decoratifs. So for those arriving late, come find us there! any problem give me a ring on 0605965013.
As we will be exercising outdoors, there are no dedicated changing facilities. If it is possible, please come changed into your exercise clothes. If not, you may be able to use toilets in the park or the cafe (although you'll probably need to get a cup of tea from them first) to get changed.
Can be adapted to all levels from beginner to advanced, so all levels are welcome at all classes. I will demonstrate all exercises in detail and give different options for participants of different levels.
If English is not your first language, I also speak French and Russian so additional explanations will be possible in those languages as well.
Although yoga and fitness has many very beneficial health effects, to make sure no harm is made during beginning of your practice, I will ask everyone to fill out a short health questionnaire when you come to your first class. I will use this information confidentially to adapt the exercises specifically to cater for your needs (if you have any). New questionnaires for fitness classes - As the intensity and nature of this class is different, I will have a more detailed Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire available for this class, so I will ask everyone to fill it out at the beginning.
These classes will go ahead regardless of the weather conditions, as the nature of the class will ensure that you are warm during the activity. Sometimes it is actually quite nice to run and exercise in the rain or chilly weather because you feel all warm and nice inside, and then you'll feel really proud of yourself for venturing out and making the most of your evening instead of opting for the sofa. ;)
You can pay in 3 ways
3) Bank transfer (details available upon request)
If you find it easier to pay for 10 or 20 classes in one go, I will be happy to accept that and issue you a class pass. They do not have an expiry date and you can also use them to attend any types of classes or use the credit to pay for other services we offer - e,g. weekend workshops, retreats and events!
If you wish to join the Fast Track Programme, - different weekly or monthly payment options are available.