New Year's in Dubai!
For the visitor, there’s a luxurious dose of sun, sand and shopping & there's also a fascinating old city centre, with its bustling souks interspersed with fine old traditional Arabian houses, to the memorably quirky postmodern architectural skylines of the southern parts of the city. Our mission... is to experience all Dubai has to offer & ring in New Year's 2017 with lots of fun!!
• All transfers
• 5 nights in Dubai
• Dubai Tourism Fee
• Hotel Porterage: WE ARE STAYING AT THE HYATT PLACE DUBAI/AL RIGGA. Click here to view the hotel website.
• 7 meals: 5 breakfasts, 2 dinners
• Modern air-conditioned motor coach
• Services of English-speaking tour manager
• Entrance fees per itinerary
• Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
• Dubai City Tour
• Abu Dhabi City Tour
• Traditional Dhow Dinner Cruise
• Burj Khalifa
DAY 1, Tuesday, Dec. 27, 2016 - Travel to Dubai
Depart for Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
DAY 2, Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2016 - Arrive in Dubai (Full Free Day in Dubai)
Arrive in Dubai, the quintessential land of opulence, wealth and astonishing skyscrapers that stand alongside traditional mosques. Take the rest of the day to rest, relax and acclimate to the adrenaline-charged tempo of this city and your new time zone
DAY 3, Thursday, Dec. 29, 2016 - Dubai City Tour
A fabulous day discovering one of the world's most futuristic cities with its dramatic skyline, once a tranquil port of Bedouin traders and pearl divers.
• Begin with photo stop Dubai's signature landmark, Burj Al-Arab, the celebrated sail-shaped hotel facing the Persian Gulf.
• Continue the drive on the beach road to the Jumeirah Palm Island. The man-made island, which was built in the shape of a palm tree and houses a lot of residential buildings, villas, and luxury resorts.
• We drive on until the end of the palm to visit the iconic Atlantis, The Palm Hotel. At the hotel, you'll be surrounded by the astonishing aquarium inhabited by thousands of marine species from around the world.
• Continue on Shiekh Zayed road for a stop to visit the world’s tallest tower Burj Khalifah, No building in modern history has aroused so much curiosity and intrigue as has Burj Khalifa. While at the top,a guide will help answer all your questions from your vantage point on level 124 of the building.
• Free time for lunch in Dubai Mall.
• After lunch, we drive to the oldest part of the city. The Bastakia Area is where old wind-towered houses of wealthy merchants can still be seen.
• While in that same area, we visit the Dubai Museum in the Al Fahidi Fort, which has survived for two centuries.
• We continue our tour through the cloth markets and end up at the Abras, where local water taxis will take you across the Creek to the area of spice and gold souks. Walk through the bustling alleys of these souks and allow the mystical aromas of numerous spices tantalize your senses. The jewelry on sale varies from the traditional to the latest designs at amazingly affordable prices.
• Return to the hotel for orientation meeting along with Dinner your fellow travelers and Tour Manager
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
DAY 4, Friday, Dec. 30, 2016 - (Full Free Day in Dubai)
Morning and afternoon at leisure for further exploration of this vibrant city.
Or, join the thrilling optional Desert Safari this afternoon. Board a 4X4 vehicle in Dubai and head out towards the highest sand dunes of the surreal surrounding desert. Feel the thrill of "dune bashing" as you spiral up and down the enormous golden dunes. Stop to watch the beautiful sunset before reaching the Bedouin Campsite. You'll be welcomed with traditional Arabic coffee and might have the opportunity to ride a camel. Then, enjoy a specially prepared Barbecue Dinner, prepared on an open fire. Later, a captivating belly dancer enchants you with her swirling dances under the starlit sky before returning to Dubai
Optional: Half Day Desert Safari (PM), Cost: $75
DAY 5, Saturday, Dec. 31, 2016 - NYE!! (Full Free Day in Dubai )
• Take a leisurely stroll along Dubai's vast coastline this morning or head to the colossal Dubai Mall for shopping and perhaps indoor skiing on the vast slopes.
• Or, participate in the optional tour to Sharjah, cultural center of the Emirates, known for its major museums, distinctive landmarks and elegant mosques. Visit the Islamic Museum, housing over 5000 artifacts from all over the Islamic World and the Heritage Museum depicting Sharjah's rich and diverse heritage. Time to stroll in the unique covered souk and bargain to your heart's content for jewelry, handicrafts, and carpets before returning to Dubai.
• Tonight, a very special evening with a chance to see the skyline of Dubai from the Creek. Dhows have been the traditional ships used in the UAE for many centuries and tonight you have the chance to board one of these vessels and enjoy a sumptuous buffet while you quietly cruise by the landmarks of this city, watch fireworks & ring in the New Year!!
Optional: Half Day Sharjah Tour (AM), Cost: $39
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
DAY 6, Sunday, Jan. 1, 2017 - Abu Dhabi City Tour
Today, an excursion to Abu Dhabi, ultra-sophisticated capital of the United Arab Emirates, often called the "Arabian Jewel".
• Drive past Jebel Ali, the largest man-made port in the world before arriving at the magnificent Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, iconic symbol of Abu Dhabi.
• Continue along the city's glamorous Corniche, with blue waters glittering on one side and shimmering skyscrapers lining the other.
• At the Breakwater, pause to take photos of the city's fabulous skyline.
• Then, on to Heritage Village, a reconstructed traditional "oasis." Here, we journey to the past and experience life in Abu Dhabi before oil revenues altered the landscape. Many different aspects of desert life are attractively displayed in the open-air museum along with workshops where craftsmen demonstrate traditional skills while women sit weaving and spinning.
• After lunch on your own...
• Visit Zayed House for a fascinating peek into the life of the late Sheikh Zayed, "Father of the Nation."
• Return to Dubai via Yas Island, where the Ferrari World theme park and brand-new Formula I race track is located
DAY 7, Monday, Jan 2, 2017 - Depart the United Arab Emirates
Transfer to the airport for your departure flight
What's NOT included:
• Transfers from our hotel to the airport & vice-versa ($60.96 for up to 3 people in 1 car, 1-way)
• Airfare to/from Dubai
• Meals not listed in the above itinerary
• Optional Tours: Safari $75 / Sarjah $39
• Incidentals/spending money (at your discretion... it depends how much you like to spend)
No Visa is needed for U.S. Citizens. Click here to learn more.
Click here for additional information on optional tours, trip insurance, hotel info & more. Thanks!
Total Cost: $1249 per person (land tour only, does not include airfare). The price increases to $1649 per person on June 18, 2016.
Deposit: $200 per person due by NOW
Final Payment Due: October 28th, 2016
How do I confirm my spot & make a payment? Please message me, Tiffany, or post in the comments section below. I'll give you instructions on how to make your payment with Gate 1.
RSVP’s are open for this trip, you are not confirmed for the trip, until deposits are received.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.