Over the past decade, innovative companies, software industry thought leaders, and lean/agile pioneers have discovered simpler, sturdier, more streamlined ways to be agile. These modern approaches share a focus on producing exceptional outcomes and growing an outstanding culture.
One such approach is Modern Agile.
Modern agile methods are defined by four guiding principles:
- Make People Awesome
- Make Safety a Prerequisite
- Deliver Value Continuously
- Experiment and Learn Rapidly
To experienced agile practitioners, three of these will look profoundly familiar. We will try exploring further the fourth, probably less known - certainly more controversial! - principle: Make Safety a Prerequisite.
Manuel Gomes is a Modern Agile practitioner with many years of experience helping companies in Brisbane, Lisbon and Amsterdam achieve their full potential.
Manuel Gomes - https://www.linkedin.com/in/manuel-gomes/
In this exploration he will cover:
- An introduction to Modern Agile
- What is safety in knowledge work and why it matters
- Perspectives and practices on safety
- Everyday examples of (un)safety in the workplace
- Taking safety to work today
• 5:30 - 6pm - Arrive early for networking and pizza (sorry no alcohol)
• 6 - 7pm - Thinking the unthinkable with Modern Agile
Thank you to Randstad Technology Solutions (https://rtsapac.com) for their sponsorship for this Agile Brisbane Meetup.