I am proud to announce the next MeetUp with a very special guest:
Specific Technologies to really deliver an agile measurable value stream to your stakeholders.
1. Quantifying all critical stakeholder values, incl. all qualities. A Scale of measure for all critical variables.
2. Estimation and measurement of all architectures and strategies. The Value Table.
3. Decomposition of architecture and strategies into sprint-sized value deliveries. Principles and Methods.
4. Advanced sprint prioritization strategies: based on values, costs and risks: computed.
5. Dynamic Design to Cost: the agility to adjust architecture in order to deliver all values on time, under budget every time. Zero Failures.
6. Specification QC: how to measure conformance to best practices for requirements, contracts and architectures.
These techniques are scale-free methods for dealing with large-scale and complex systems development. They apply to any type of systems. They are not a way to manage the ‘coding process’. They are a way to manage the delivery of real organizational value to real organisations such as government, industry, innovation, and finance. You will not become a Master in 2 days, but you will succeed in your projects when others fail. Right now our IT and agile failure rate is an international shame.
Tom Gilb, the presenter is a pioneer of agile methods, in his books from 1976 (Software Metrics) and 1988 (Principles of Software Engineering Management). He has always been clear about the need to deliver value (not ‘working software’) . The current agile culture managed to grasp the concepts of small sprints, but has never understood value and systems. That is why ‘agile' is failing and losing credibility. Top management has begun to ask for value, not agile. Tom has 6 new (2018) books about ‘agile as it should be’. More details about Tom at www.gilb.com, @ImTomGilb
📅 Agenda of the event
6:30 Reception and networking
✅ SPECIAL RAFFLE AT THE END! - Free book worth £40!!!
Competitive Engineering: A Handbook For Systems Engineering, Requirements Engineering, and Software Engineering Using Planguage
✅ As a Scrum Alliance endorsed User group you will earn 2 SEU's.