Agile Experience Design Message Board › Director of User Experience at Efficiency 2.0.
|A former member||
At Efficiency 2.0, we believe that outstanding design and a great user experience is critical to the success of our products. Our developers and energy scientists built a great technology platform -- a sophisticated web-based application to help consumers save money on their electricity bills -- but need your help to take it the next level.
You'll have a huge impact on our current and future software projects. Starting on day one, you'll be responsible for redesigning our flagship product. We think there's lots of opportunity to make it simpler, easier to use, and more engaging. It could also use a beautiful new graphic design. We know that first impressions count when people visit our websites. You'll work on all of our upcoming projects and products from concept through wireframes, user testing, design, ongoing iteration, improvement and redesign.
This position is for full-time employment, on-site at our office in NYC's Financial District.
What We're Looking For
The right person for the job will have a track record of building remarkable user experiences for the web. Your designs are awe inspiring, and you relish the idea of transforming complex concepts and a myriad of data into drop-dead simple visuals and interactions. For three or more years, you've focused on (or obsessed about) the following:
* User experience and interaction design
* Usability -- bonus points for involvement with user testing
* Information architecture -- including wireframes
* Graphic design
Additionally, you'll need:
* A portfolio of great work that you're proud of. The earlier and later across the product development process that your contributions extend, the better.
* Strong understanding of the web technologies your designs will be implemented in, primarily HTML and CSS. Ideally you'd be able to build out a prototype of new designs yourself before the engineering team implements them.
* Interest in working as part of an iterative, collaborative, Agile software development process. You'll be able to work well alongside members of the engineering and science teams and business stakeholders.
* Ability to work self-directed and independently when necessary to deliver high quality work in a timely fashion
How We're Different
For one, we're different because we believe our work will have a significant positive impact on the environment. You'll be working with a team of smart and talented software engineers and energy scientists who care deeply about crafting the absolute best experience for our users. Support for your work is deep and widespread, shared through the management team up through and including our CEO.
We believe treating our employees right is important to doing great work. Here are the benefits we're offering right now:
* Competitive salary
* Equity Options -- Everyone who works here owns a bit of the company's success
* MacBook Pro -- Each new employee gets the latest Apple gear
* Conferences -- Continue your learning and we'll pick up the tab
* Free home-cooked lunch at the office each Friday -- Enjoy it on our roof with great views of lower Manhattan
* Free soft drinks and snacks at the office
* Health insurance benefits
* Three weeks paid vacation
* Ten paid holidays each year
* Generous maternity, parental and wedding leave
About Efficiency 2.0
Founded in 2008, Efficiency 2.0 is a New York City-based startup focused on the development of software tools to help people understand and reduce their energy usage. Our products help consumers save money on their home electricity bills. We care about corporate culture and try to cultivate an exciting environment of hard working and passionate professionals.
Efficiency 2.0 is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a link to your portfolio, attach an up-to-date resume, and tell us why you think you'd be a good fit for this position.