About the Session
Over 3 months John recorded over 40 hours of interviews and spoke to some of the most respected people in the industry to produce an audio documentary that attempts to answer the question “What is safety? And why is it important anyway?”
This highly interactive talk will present the findings and guide and challenge you through a journey to understanding safety. Including snippets of interview audio, short interactive sessions and role play exercises we will cover the following topics:
• What is safety and what does it look and feel like?
• Is trust essential to high performing teams?
• How do blame and fear present themselves?
• Vulnerability at the core of a creative team.
• How leaders can help foster (or hinder) safety?
This talk has grown as John created the new podcast The Agile Path. The first season on this podcast (which will launch in Jan 17) is about safety in teams. John has interviewed world renowned specialists in the field; Christopher Avery, David Marquet, Jerry Weinberg, Esther Derby, Johanna Rothman, Woody Zuill and many more in over 40 hours of audio. This has been a fascinating deep dive learning experience for John and he hopes to transfer these insights to the audience.
About John Le Drew (@antz29)
John has over 17 years of experience working in software engineering as a system administrator, software engineer, technical lead, technical director, development manager and agile coach. He currently runs the consultancy firm Wise Noodles where he helps organisations solve tough technical problems by untangling their people problems. He is also host of The Agile Path Podcast which creates in-depth audio documentaries on the topics that most affect organisations transitioning to agile ways of working.
• Doors open at 6 and the talk starts at 6:30
• Go through to the back room at the venue
• Please note the venue is the same as the last few meetups but a different location to meetups held in the first half of 2016.
Agile in Leeds supports