We're coming up on graduation day for the current Agile Austin U Fundamentals course. This last session will wrap with a course retrospective, but we will start as we have recently with up to a dozen "lightning talks," a potpourri of interesting agile topics. Each talk looks like this:
• one slide presentation, you have 2 minutes to present the slide
• one slide of hot links to more information on the topic. If you want to talk about the links it's part of your 2 minutes!
• make sure your contact data is on one of the slides.
• two minutes Q&A
• the hook!
We'll follow the presentations with dot-voting by the participants -- if your topic gets a lot of votes, we may ask you to do a workshop or evening session to drill down on the topic.
For inspiration, here's the deck from the spring: https://goo.gl/m1UMQM. You can repeat or expand on one of those if you like, or present any new relevant topic. Participants have at this point completed the foundations course, so that's the level of sophistication you can assume.
How to Submit
1. sign up for this meeting. Note, course participants and spectators need not apply here! We'll put up another notice for spectators. If you get wait-listed, don't worry, go ahead and proceed to step 2.
2. email your proposed topic to [masked] no later than Friday 11/11. Put "AAU Potpourri Proposal" in the Subject line.
3. Proposals will be accepted or rejected at the sole whim of Ned Horvath no later than 11/18.
4. Final Deck in .PPT format required by by 11/25 and will be published to the AAU google group Monday 11/28
5. Show up at MacMillan Learning 2nd floor by 6pm Wed 11/30 to eat dinner and present. No equipment is required, we'll have your presentation queued up and a laser pointer if you need one.
Agile Austin U Info:
Directions and Parking Info:
Corner of 7th and Brazos. Parking not permitted in the building, so arrive early to find a spot on the street (good luck) or a nearby parking lot/garage. Or take the bus.
Seating is limited!
Please make sure that you are able to attend this session. Seating is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. We want to give everyone the opportunity to attend, so please only sign up if you are committed to attending.