addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

AgileWelly Message Board › Strategic Lean Service by Robert Oh & Sunit Prakash

Strategic Lean Service by Robert Oh & Sunit Prakash

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi All (caution blatant marketing self-plug),

To let you know that a book I have co-authored titled "Strategic Lean Service" is now on Amazon.

Essentially it is a case study of how a global IT service delivery organisation used Lean to drive organisational transformation and achieve customer satisfaction and is written in an easy to read style, incorporating many elements of IT service management, Lean principles and continuous process improvement.

In compiling ‘Strategic Lean Service’ we drew on our own first-hand experiences as senior management tasked with implementing Lean - and in addition, incorporated stories, views and vignettes from team members globally to further illustrate and amplify our points.

For you Agilistas from a software development background, this book is written from a software support perspective and shows how issues upstream from the customers relating to support (ofcourse), but also to development and release of new versions, customisations, localisations and implementations were resolved.

The book reads more like an easy-read novel and has a short summary of learning points, called Lean Pickings, at the end of each chapter and is a useful point of reference for any one contemplating the use of Lean in their business or organisation.

I am having a few copies printed locally for domestic consumption, I look forward to sharing my thoughts and experiences with you all soon.

Here are a couple of links :
My own website with info on the book
CreateSpace
Amazon

Please feel free to contact me directly for any questions, clarifications or to have a general discussion.
Rgds - Sunit
021 144 8181