No upcoming Meetups
What we're about
We understand that educational institutions are not doing enough on their part to train the students (especially on the soft skills) to be "industry ready". The industry on the other side will go out for placements and pick up only those students who are "ready". We believe that as industry professionals it is our responsibility to give back to community fill this gap. We are creating this meetup group and opening it up for anyone in/around Ahmedabad wherein industry professionals will be spending few hours on the weekend and share their knowledge with the students which will in turn help you to become "industry ready" and may be get your first job as well :)
What do we plan to cover?*
- Group Discussions , Mock Group Discussions
- What does "Industry" expect from Fresh grads
- Presentation Skills
- Tech Interview guidelines
- Mock Interviews
- Confidence/Morale Boosting Programs
- Corporate Etiquette
- Team Building games/activities
- Personal Effectiveness - using right tools to be productive at work
- and many more things *Please note that topics may be covered in any order based on availability of speakers/presenters. This list is just to give you an idea and what topics we plan to cover. Also, these are just few areas that we think need to be covered. We would definitely like to hear back from you as to which areas do you think are most important and need to be covered first.
Who can join?
Mostly college students or industry professionals who want to brush up on these "soft skills" or want to contribute by sharing their knowledge/expertise in this area with others.
Why soft skills are important?
http://lmgtfy.com/ - sorry if you get this and really sorry if you dont :D
Why are we doing this?
- This is our way of giving back to the community
- We think its fun :) and of course we will also learn a lot in the process
"No one learns as much about a subject as one who is forced to teach it." - Peter F. Drucker
Is there any registration fee?
Participation is absolutely FREE. This is completely voluntary activity.
Want to contribute?
Reach out to us and we will connect with you.
Have any questions?
Just drop us a message
Feel free to spread the word, it doesn't cost anything to you :) "Success isnt about how much money you make, it's about the difference you make in people's lives."
Note: We are industry professionals and not professional trainers. We are only here to share our knowledge and the topics are very subjective i.e. everyone would have their own style of teaching/imparting knowledge on these soft skills. So please attend with an open mind to learn and contribute or by providing constructive feedback instead of criticizing anyone on the approach.