What we're about
The left-hand path approach to magic emphasizes developing personal magical power and gnosis for its own sake. Instead of cultivating a connection to the world or to divinity, the final goal of the left-hand path is to achieve ultimate singular consciousness, independent of the divine.
The purpose of the ABQ Left-Hand Path Meetup is to discuss topics directly pertaining to the LHP in an open discussion format. This meetup is dedicated to serious, like-minded practitioners - this is not a "potlucks and playdates" group. Members will be encouraged to suggest topics and direct discussions. This is to enhance private magical efforts as well as to develop small-scale group practice. No public rites are planned.
This group is not intended for newbie witches and magicians who are unfamiliar with the principles of the LHP, or with magic in general. Because this style of magic issues many personal challenges, professional victims will not be encouraged to join or attend any group events. The left-hand path includes neither training wheels nor a parachute, and no "safe spaces" will be created.
Suggested reading material includes:
• Lords of the Left-Hand Path: Forbidden Practices and Spiritual Heresies by Stephen E. Flowers
• Pacts with the Devil: A Chronicle of Sex, Blasphemy & Liberation by S. Jason Black and Christopher S. Hyatt
• Condensed Chaos by Phil Hine
• Magic, Power, Language, Symbol: A Magician's Exploration of Linguistics by Patrick Dunn
• Theatre of Magick by Ray Sherwin
• The Social Construction of Reality: A Treatise in the Sociology of Knowledge by Peter L. Berger and Thomas Luckmann
The scheduled dates and times are subject to change, based on the needs of the members of the group. Please send a message to the meetup organizer if you would like to request such an adjustment. Thank you.