addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The Alpharetta Business Networking Club Message Board Announcements › How to Get a Mention in the Announcement and Reminder Emails

How to Get a Mention in the Announcement and Reminder Emails

Frank S.
user 4203532
Group Organizer
Alpharetta, GA
Post #: 21
Hi, Everyone!

I’m looking to give plugs for people and businesses that are active in our group. To start putting some process around this, I thought it would be helpful to post this message.
First a few admin notes:

a) You’ve got to be an active member of the group. Active means you come to the events and network appropriately.

b) Make a point to find me at an event and talk directly about this. If you are shy, bashful or coy about it, I’ll probably miss what you mean and just think you were being cordial.

c) If we’ve talked and you think I’ve forgotten, please do follow up. I get lots of messages and they do get buried on Meetup. Message through Meetup here. Please do not send me an email, or a message through LinkedIn for this purpose. It'll get lost and I'll forget amid a deluge.

d) First come, first serve, generally. But if we have several people in a row from the same industry, I might stagger it a bit.

e) Keep in mind, I want to help, and I’d like for this group to help each other. I mean…that’s why we do this networking thing, no?!

Okay, now on to the categories:

1) Looking for work?

I’d like to spotlight one *active* member of our group that’s looking for work every month. You must be an active member that attends our meetups. Message me with 3-4 sentences with the following information:

> who you are;
> what your skills are;
> what type of role for which you are looking; and
> a link to your LinkedIn profile.

2) Looking for new business?

I’d like to spotlight one *active* member of our group that owns a business and is looking for new business.

If you’re a CPA, financial advisor, virtual assistant, or realtor (or something else) with room for more clients, please message me with 3-4 sentences with the following information:

> who you are;
> what you do;
> what type of client or customers you can help; and
> a link to your website.

3) Got news or an event to share?

I’d like to spotlight news and events from *active* members of our group. Are you opening a new office? Hosting a free seminar? Issuing a report on the state of business in Alpharetta? Own a boutique store and are having a sale? Message me with the 5W’s (who, what, when, where and why), along with a hyperlink to an announcement or event page.

That’s in for now – I’ll update this as needed.

Yours in networking,
Frank Strong