What we're about
WHAT WE BELIEVE
• The wall of separation between church and state protects us all. It makes our country more fair, more equal and more inclusive.
• Religious freedom is about fairness. We don't treat people differently because their beliefs are different from our own.
• We envision an America where everyone can freely choose a faith and support it voluntarily, or follow no religious or spiritual path at all, and where the government does not promote religion over non-religion or favor one faith over another.
WHO WE ARE
• We are lawyers and lobbyists, students and activists, religious leaders and impassioned Americans.
• We are people of faith and people who don't profess any particular faith.
• We are a community that includes and welcomes people of all genders, races, ethnicities, religions or beliefs, sexual orientations, ages, classes and abilities.
WE WORK TO ENSURE THAT
• Religion does not dictate public policy.
• That the government does not tell Americans what to believe or how to practice their faith.
• Discrimination is not justified under the guise of religion.
Americans United for Separation of Church and State is a nonpartisan educational and advocacy organization dedicated to advancing the constitutional principle of church-state separation as the only way to ensure freedom of religion, including the right to believe or not believe, for all Americans.
THE GREATER PHOENIX CHAPTER'S primary mission is to provide a grassroots presence for the education and advocacy work of the national organization and to act as the ‘eyes and ears’ of Americans United in the defense of religious liberty in the local community.