Location: Gerbrandypark (has lights)
Time: 6:30 PM
Please bring a ball if you have one and let us know in the comments.
And if you say you're gonna be there, then be there or cancel at least 24 hours in advance.
There are a couple of crucial points to keep in mind about outdoor games.
1) It is not possible to reserve outdoor pitches (I've tried everywhere I could think of, but couldn't find any pitches that could be booked in advance. If you know of one, please let me know). This means that the pitch may be being used by other people when we want to play, and so there is no guarantee that we can actually play there when we want to play, and we won't know before we actually get to the pitch. There is nothing that can be done about this.
2) It may rain. A bit of rain isn't so bad but more than a bit becomes problematic, also because fewer people will show up then and we may not have enough players for a good game. So if it is expected to rain when we play the game will be cancelled.
3) The upside of it being impossible to book the courts in advance is that they're free to use, so outdoor games are always free.
4) If you have special shoes for artificial grass I highly recommend using them, although it's not strictly necessary. You can buy cheap but decent quality outdoor shoes at Decathlon (http://www.decathlon.nl/) near the Amsterdam Arena. In the downtown area Perry Sport (http://www.perrysport.nl/) and Actie Sport (http://www.aktiesport.nl/) have good selections.
5) The lights in Gerbrandypark are not all that bright. It's possible to play there and last year people played throughout the winter but the lights definitely take some getting used to, and for some it may simply not be light enough for a comfortable game.