Herengracht 104, Amsterdam
This course will teach you how to get the most from your digital camera by understanding the basics of photography. The mission of this course is not only for you to learn theory, but to put that theory into practice. Be more in control of your camera and get the results you want.
- Use a digital camera to create well-composed images with proper exposure and color balance.
- To understand the basic concepts of Shutter Speed, Aperture and ISO
- To create an exposure in the manual mode
- The creative techniques of depth of field and movement control
- To recognize and work with Fluorescent, tungsten and daylight
- The techniques of dealing with bright light and lack of light situations, including night photography.
- To make use of available light, built-in flash, and use a tripod or other stable surfaces to solve low light issues.
Learn by doing
- Each class will include a concise lecture and visual presentation on the subject of the day.
- Then it’s time to put your new knowledge to use. The second half of the class you will be doing exercises with your camera.
- You will then be given the opportunity to master the skill in creative out of class assignments and receive feedback on your images in class
- Each class also consists of one Saturday field Trip which will take place at Hortus Botanicus
What is included
- Full 6 class course (5 classes & 1 field trip)
- Digital Photography Basics 20 pages course booklet
- Access to our photography references and instructional video
Price 320 EUR excl. BTW
This event is given by Megan Alter Photography. A more detailed registration must be done here:
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.