Don't look now, but half of 2015 has already blown by. Its June and it will hopefully go down in history as "The month the ElePHPants arrived", meaning we hope all of you get yours delivered! This will be our Pre-DPC meeting, so get ready to see one of the stars of that lineup giving a great talk on Behat and BDD.
19:00: Welcome Drinks
19:30 - 20:30: Talk
20:30 - 20:45: Raffle
20:45: Social, drinks and Pizza
Talk: I put on my mink and wizard behat.
Questing in the world of front end testing
An indepth dive into using Behat/Mink/Selenium for BDD testing.
* http://behat.org (http://behat.org/)
In this talk I'll cover:
* why and when to use Behat (and when not)
* Installation and configuration of Behat and Mink
* Building Behat Contexts
* Avoiding data deadlocks and "test user account" syndrome
* Best practises for writing tests (what to avoid, what to aspire for, writing stories like you mean it, how to get your product owners to write them)
* Common gotchas
* Continous Integration and Behat
By the end of the talk, any participant should be able to setup their own Behat testing environment and start testing their own applications immediately as well as have a deeper understanding of how to extend Behat to meet their specific environment needs.
Speaker: Thomas Shone
I've been working with PHP since 2005 and have been working remotely since 2010. Until recently I lived in South Africa. Now I live in Amsterdan, I have a fondness for Composer, php-fig and security stuff. On occasion I've been known to point out vulnerabilities in payment gateways. On occasion I've been threatened with legal action for doing this.
We got some awesome stuff to give away this month, so make sure you attend another awesome meetup!