Blockchain Ecosystem in Taiwan - Insight from Accelerator, Community Builder and Entrepreneur
Decentralization is one of the most appealing ideologies behind blockchain technology, yet community building might be the key to mass adoption. As Taiwan works towards making itself a crypto island, who are the ecosystem builders for this budding technology? Join us on Sept 14th (Friday) to learn about:
- What resources are available for blockchain startups in Taiwan?
- Why did a leading accelerator in Taiwan decide to exclusively focus on blockchain & AI this year? What are their observations and lessons learned?
- O2O and cross-border community building for blockchain
- Taiwan’s pro’s and con’s to develop blockchain companies: insight from a blockchain founder
::Time:: 2018/9/14 (Fri) 18:30－21:30
::Venue:: Syntrend, 11F, No. 2, Section 3, Civic Blvd, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, 10058
::MRT:: Zhongxiao Xinsheng Station, Exit #1
NTD$150, Ticket required for entry, please purchase via Accupass https://goo.gl/jVr95k
Go to Anchor Taiwan Facebook page or register for Star Rocket Membership to get a coupon code!
Anchor Taiwan Facebook: https://goo.gl/Dh8LZu
Star Rocket Membership: http://bit.ly/2KxQWm2
▋Speaker #1: Jessica Liu（劉侊縈）, Associate of AppWorks
Jessica is an Associate heading AppWorks Accelerator. She has over 7 years of experience in both Internet and financial industries. She started her career at Standard Chartered Bank, where she managed digital marketing for cross-selling strategies, which sparked her passion for Internet. She has since immersed herself in advertising technologies and the art of growth hacking. Jessica received her B.B.A from University of South California.
▋Speaker #2: Michael Chen, Communications Manager of BITZANTIN
Michael Chen is the Communications Manager of BITZANTIN Group, a community-based company that is bridging the gap between the cryptocurrency investor and the core value of blockchain technology. Before devoting his work fulltime to BITZANTIN Group, Michael served as a Bitcoin enthusiast and trader who enjoyed its low barriers to entry and its fluctuant prices. Until early 2018, Michael met with BITZANTIN’s founder then realize both parties share the same vision towards Bitcoin. He decided to join the BITZANTIN Group and dedicated himself to the cryptocurrency & blockchain industry.
▋Speaker #3: Jacob Lee（李亞鑫）, Co-Founder & CEO of DTCO
DTCO co-founder and CEO, Initiator of Healthcare Blockchain Lab in Taiwan, Initiator of Orchid Island Sustainability Project. 20 years experienced history of working in the financial information technology and ICT industry. Skilled in UX design, product management, trading systems, business development, marketing strategy, and cross-functional team leadership. DTCO is one of the earliest blockchain technology startups in Taiwan, the company has received seed round investment from Cathay Venture, Kyber Capital.
- 18:30 - 19:00 Check-in and Networking
- 19:00 - 19:10 Introduction - Star Rocket / Anchor Taiwan
- 19:10 - 19:25 Jessica Liu (劉侊縈), AppWorks
- 19:25 - 19:40 Michael Chen, BITZANTIN
- 19:40 - 19:55 Jacob Lee (李亞鑫), DTCO
- 19:55 - 20:20 Panel Discussion
- 20:20 - 20:40 Q&A
- 20:40 - Further Networking
1. Come with an open mind to connect and inspire
2. If you RSVP but cannot make it any more, please notify [masked].
3. Please check-in with your RSVP confirmation.
4. Door opens at 18:30. We may be able to accommodate registration at door at 18:50 depending on capacity.
5. This event will take place in English.