addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Anchorage Makers Message Board › Waste Expanded Poly-Styrene Process Vessel

Waste Expanded Poly-Styrene Process Vessel

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to build a pressure vessel (20 psig) for processing waste expanded polystyrene foam. Since I'm new to the Anchorage area I'm not sure where to look for the materials I need. Maybe you guys know where to look? I need a 500 gallon propane tank, a boiler that can maintain 20 psig of steam, and a reputable shop to do some welding and fitting?

Are there any scrap yards around? Where's the best place to buy steel at a DIY price? Has anyone seen an autoclave laying around anywhere?

~Disclaimer~
I am fully aware of the dangers of building and working with pressure vessels, especially with steam pressure vessels. I have built them before and used them on a regular basis, so am very aware of the dangers associated with them. Please refrain from commenting on how this is a bad idea in your opinion, Thanks.