Welcome to the second Anidata meeting of 2017! Last month, we crowdsourced data-related project ideas for Anidata. This time, we will run a poll of these to let you decide top projects to benefit our community through data science! Our past work has been on human trafficking in collaboration with the Fulton County District Attorney, and we are still spinning up that project in the background. Keep in mind that our projects should have the following focus:
- What types of problems in Atlanta/SE region could Data Science help?
- What kinds of projects would help your communities?
- With whom could we partner?
We're be located at General Assembly, which is on the second floor of Ponce City Market (on the side of the building closest to Midtown).
What you can expect:
- Anidata Intro
- 2 speakers: Jenny Blase and Dan Robertson
- Quick update on our human trafficking project by Bryant Menn
- Future projects (Fast overview over last month's proposed topics)
- Lightning Talk! presented by Will McGinnis
- Coding Session or Break for Beer
We welcome all skill levels and backgrounds.
FYI: We are working on getting food!
Some examples of data science for social good projects: https://www.drivendata.org/competitions/
If you have more project ideas, please feel free to send them to: [masked] or [masked]
Anidata is a non-profit organization comprised of aspiring and established data scientists, data analysts, software developers, technology enthusiasts, and social good citizens who have come together with the purpose of applying data science to make a difference in the community.