Are you an animator? Are you studying animation? Are you simply a fan of animation? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, please join the group!
Animation is an undervalued and underestimated art form. Its storytelling applications are endless, but so many people don't take it seriously- especially in America. It’s magical and can make you laugh, think, cry, or even scare you just as well as any other medium. We’re looking for people with a passion for animation- whether they want to be a part of the industry or not.
The goal is to build a local community of artists and fans here in Atlanta- a friendly and creatively stimulating environment where we can not only make friends and bond over our shared interests, but hopefully collaborate on future projects and provide each other with constructive feedback. The industry can be brutal, independent artists need to stick together.
Most importantly, we want people to have fun! It’s hard to make friends and hopefully this group will bring all kinds of animation nerds together.
So come on in and make yourself at home, friends!
MeetUp's general rules apply, but just to reiterate so we're all clear, here are some basic, easy-to-follow rules if you want to take part in this group. If you are caught violating these rules, I reserve the right to kick you out.
1. Do not harass, insult, or bully any members of this or any other group.
2. MeetUp isn't really a place to post explicit/sexual images and language, so please keep it mild. Not trying to kink shame anyone, I just want everyone to be comfortable here.
3. All members of this group must be 18 years of age or older.
4. Try not to share too much personal information about yourself. This is more of a suggestion than a rule really, but I still think it needs to be said. Exercise common sense whenever you post online.
5. Don't post anything racist, misogynistic, homophobic, transphobic, antisemitic, etc. Basically, just don't be a dick.