The Ann Arbor Democratic Party presents the
Annual Chili, Cornbread, and Coleslaw Cook-off
Sunday, May 4, 2014, 4-8pm
Buy tickets securely online NOW!
Tickets & Event Info:[masked]
Advance tickets are:
$10 individual in advance
$10 for students & senior citizens in advance
$30 Family Deal in advance (admits 2 adults plus up to 4 kids)
All tickets at the door:
$15 at the door for all.
Join us during & after the Water Hill Music Festival for great food and music.
Bring family & friends along and join Ann Arbor city council members, Washtenaw county commissioners, sitting & retired judges, other government officials, cooking experts, & tons of Dems as they battle and help judge Ann Arbor’s best chili, cornbread, and coleslaw recipes. Enjoy about 20 different chili selections, varieties of cornbread, numerous coleslaw entries and a beer or thirst-quenching punch, voting privileges, & great music.
For Tickets & Information: Contact Hedieh Briggs “Heddy”[masked], or email [masked].
Press/Media: Contact Mike[masked], Hedieh[masked], or email [masked].
Sponsorship Opportunities: Contact Mike[masked], or email [masked].
Entry Guidelines & Judging:
1. To enter, email [masked] or phone Hedieh[masked]-4264. Leave your name, phone, & email address for us to confirm your entry.
2. Only the first 20 interested chili contestants get to compete. Must prepare 2-3 gallons of chili (approx. [masked] ounces) to ensure all guests have an opportunity to taste the recipe.
3. Up to 10 Coleslaw contestants get to compete. Must prepare 2-3 gallons of coleslaw (approx. [masked] ounces) to ensure all guests have an opportunity to taste the recipe.
4. Up to 10 cornbread contestants get to compete. Must prepare 200 or more small bites of cornbread—half inch to one inch squares or muffins.
5. No entry fee required. Your word, commitment to the cook-off, name, phone, & email address secures your entry.
6. We encourage entries to be dropped off on May 4 between 2pm & 3pm.
7. Individuals & teams are welcome to enter. Feel free to partner with friends & family, a campaign team, or enter on behalf of a local business.
8. Judging will occur at 7pm. Prizes awarded at 7:30pm. Need not be present to win.
9. The Ann Arbor Democratic Party will award a People’s Choice winner for best chili, best cornbread, and best coleslaw.
10. The Party leadership will offer a Resolution recognizing winners as Chili/Cornbread/Coleslaw Ambassadors for a one year term. Each winner will receive a copy of the resolution, bragging rights, recognition for one year, & bestow their title upon next year’s 2015 winners.