We have found the perfect venue! In Sarah G's (Organizer) building there is a huge lounge that is free to use for parties and such so lets use it for game night! There's a huge kitchen to store drinks and snacks, a big theater room for video games, and a decent amount of tables, chairs and couches for card/board games.
Sarah and Sam will be providing snacks and non-alcoholic drinks for the event which is why there is a $3 charge for the event, you are welcome to bring cash or use your card ahead of time on this site. You are also welcome to bring any food or drinks, we're allowed to have alcohol in the lounge.
If you are half curious where this is, it is in Herndon near the within the Herndon Clock Tower area.
Payment Options: (per person)
1. $3 Cash or Credit. (If you can't do credit, blame Meetup, then just click on the "Chip In" button on the left of the screen or in the drop down menu for mobile, paying the amount and leaving a name/date of what event it is tied with)
*2. Provide a share-able amount of food/drink (ex: Large/party size bag of chips or 2 liter bottle of soda)
*If you are doing option 2 please let me know within 48 hours of the event so I can get an idea on how much I need to purchase for the event. Within 24 hours I will send an email a list of what food/drink items we will have during the event so you all will have an idea for the food and just in case anyone has any allergies.
Also, feel free to bring your own games to share! If you want to bring a game system to hook up in the theater room you are welcome to. There is also a pool table (will need to bring your own pool cues or we can see if we can pick them up from the leasing office before it closes) and a foosball table.
If you don't know the games listed, that's ok! If we have enough people we can provide a separate table for tutorial sessions.
Street Parking is available at all times except for the street behind my apartment complex. Park anywhere that doesn't have yellow curb or sign that says no parking. 24 hours before the event I will send an email with the address along with more information about the area.
1. Payment is required! If you do not provide payment by the start of the event you will not be able to attend the event. Currently Accepting Cash, Credit, or providing of share-able food.
2. Be on time! In order for you to get into the building you need to have a key, so for those who don't have a key we will have 1 person at the door to the right of the leasing office letting people in until 7:15. The lounge has very horrible service so reaching us after may be very difficult. If you are going to be late, please comment saying when you are going to be here before this time, thank you. Also, here is Sam's (Co-Organizer) cell phone just in case you manage to get through,[masked]-4662.
3. Anti-Agoraphobics Anonymous is not liable for any lost or damaged items items during the event. If we happen to find anything left behind, we will shoot a message out to the attendees if they forgot anything and what we found.
4. All money put forth by this event will be used to finance the event, future events and the group as a whole, only! So to continue providing snacks and drinks for future games nights! (Ask in person for more details of what payment covers exactly)