What we're about
I'm creating this group to utilize meetup for any kind of event or activity that I want to do, but need more people to go do them. It's not a group that only goes to pubs or only goes dancing or is focuses on some small niche like a lot of groups on Meetup. The goal of this group is to do a variety of different things.
I was part of a Meetup like this in Toronto called the Random Activity Group and we did a lot of different events. The group grew larger and larger and I had some great experience there meeting many extraordinary people along the way.
Now I'm new to Montreal and hoping to get something similar going here. I've included some things that I did while I was in that group and some things I would like to do myself Montreal in what this Meetup is about, but I'm completely open to setting up almost any kind of event if people are interested in doing it.
Things I did mostly in Toronto
- Hosting Board Game nights every week at a cafe.
- Hosting a pool league at a pool hall every Monday.
- Learnt how to and began regularly Rock Climbing.
Cool things I did there less often.
- Learnt how to skate
- Went to movies with people
- Ate meals at interesting restaurants
- Meet for drinks and conversation
- Snowboarding/Skiing trips
- Camping trips
- Gathered to experience local events and festivals
Some people even got together to discuss current events and politics.
A few things to note about the group.
1. ) I don't really care to make this a money making venture. I would like to do either free events or events where everyone only pays for their tickets or fares at the venue. I won't make events that earn me money.
2.) I would like to do stuff with people that are relatable, hopefully having similar interests in events is sufficient to help, but for the sake of comfort I'd like the group to be mostly reasonably mature people. Probably between early or mid 20's to mid to late 30's. I certainly don't want to have events with people under the drinking age because I don't want to be indirectly responsible for underaged drinking.
3.) I want the group to be fun! I'd like to organize and host events that people really want to try or they are passionate about doing. No idea is a bad idea as long as you're interested and want to help make it happen, I'd be glad to create the event. That's about it, I'm open to questions, comments and suggestions from anyone that joins or attends any events. Let's have some great experiences together!
Lastly, I will mention that since I got to Montreal I have bene going to a Gymnastics place near Atwater market to learn some things, I may host some events there in the future to get more people involved.