This is a full-day hands-on workshop on Apache Flink (http://flink.apache.org)by data Artisans (http://data-artisans.com/).
The workshop includes introductory tutorials and exercises for developers to get familiar with Apache Flink, and build Big Data applications using the platform.
We'll be starting at 09:00 sharp, the training finishes at 18:00. We'll be going for a drink afterwards at Oscar Wilde (http://www.oscar-wilde-irish-pub.de/).
• Bring your own machine!
• We'll provide a VM image with all software installed in Open Virtualization Format: ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Virtualization_Format ) so most VM solutions should work (VMWare, VirtualBox, ...).
• EITHER you have a working virtual machine image player installed
• OR you should have the following things set up:
- Java 7 (or 8)
- Maven 3.x
- IntelliJ or Eclipse ( http://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/internals/ide_setup.html )
We will cover the following topics:
• Overview of Apache Flink and how it fits in the Big Data ecosystem
• Setup of Flink on the participants’ laptops
• Flink’s APIs in Java and Scala
• Building an application using Flink’s APIs
Time permitting, we will also cover:
• Introduction to Flink Streaming, and building a streaming application
• Analyzing graphs using Gelly, Flink’s graph processing API
• Machine Learning with FlinkDeploying Flink in the Google Compute Engine
• Setting up Flink in a Hadoop 2 cluster
Participants are expected to be familiar with:
• Either the Java or Scala programming language
• Using a Unix shell
• Using an IDE (either Eclipse or IntelliJ)
This event is free of charge.