Join our second meetup for a hands-on seminar on Apache Flink!
In this meetup, you will learn how to quickly get Flink up and running and how to use its high-level APIs to build big data analytics applications.
We will use the training material provided by data Artisans (http://data-artisans.com/index.html), big thank you to them!
Apache Flink Training (http://dataartisans.github.io/flink-training/index.html) (feel free to check out the material!)
We will cover the following topics:
• Setup of Flink on the participants’ laptops
• Flink’s APIs in Java and Scala
• Building a simple application using Flink’s APIs
• Bring your own machine!
• Have the following things set up:
- Java 7 (or 8) or Scala 2.10
- Maven 3.x
- IntelliJ or Eclipse ( http://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/internals/ide_setup.html )
Participants are expected to be familiar with:
• Either the Java or Scala programming language
• Using a Unix shell
• Using an IDE (either Eclipse or IntelliJ)