Mar 31, 2009 · 6:30 PM
This location is no longer available
Purpose: To bring together developers and publishers of Iphone/smartphone services
Developers: this event will help you showcase your ideas, find interesting work and swap notes with other developers.
Content publishers: this event will introduce you to the programmers who can make your content come alive on the iPhone and other smartphone devices.
It’s hoped that both content and tech folk will gain a fuller understanding of each other’s needs. Our first few meetings will be in small and informal settings, so much the better to have the one-to-one chats that lead to paid work and finished products all round!
Invited to attend:
- Content publishers – print and online (book publishers, newspaper and magazines publishers, games, web publishers etc)
- Software developers – individuals or agencies
- Phone manufacturers and operators
- Angel investors and VCs
- Associated professional services e.g. SEO and advertising
- Anyone with a commercial or organizational interest in the iPhone and other smartphones
Entrance is free, in the best traditions of Meetup.com and boot-strapping start-ups!
Jason Dunne and Craig Smith have worked in UK print media since the early 90s. Jason is formerly the publisher of the “…For Dummies” series of how-to books; Craig is a business development executive at O’Reilly Books and author of the O’Reilly GMT blog.