addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Appleton WordPress Message Board › Genesis theme framework?

Genesis theme framework?

A former member
Post #: 1
On my sites, I'm not looking to necessarily blaze any new trails on the design side, yet I want an impressive look, so I am more interested in getting some of the pre-canned sites, like in themesforest. There seem to be a few that looks impressive on the surface, like
http://themes.orange-...­

In one of the early meetups, I remember hearing some people highly recommending the genesis theme framework. I bought the dev license on that recommendation, but have been pretty unimpressed with the comparative design quality of, at least, the pre-packaged child themes.

Can someone repeat why I would want genesis over some of these other themes from themeforest, like the one linked above? Maybe I need to keep Genesis as the underlying framework and put the design on top of it? Any other thoughts or suggestions?