What we're about
Note: If you can't read in Arabic, please skip the Arabic description to read the English translation. This group is for Arabs and non-Arabs who would love to learn about Arab culture and meet Arabs.
Facebook group link:
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم ..
أهلا و سهلا بالجميع
هنا نجتمع لنحتسي فنجانا من القهوة
نتجاذب أطراف الحديث
و نلقي الأشعار و نقص القصص و نروي الروايات
هنا نقرأ عبر التاريخ العربي و نناقشه و ننقده
نعرض الأفلام و المسرحيات الثقافية
نرسم و نلون و نعرض لوحات فنية
هنا نغني الطرب العربي الأصيل و نعزف الموسيقى الشرقية
نلبس الزي التراثي و نرقص الرقصات الشعبية
نطبخ الطبخات العربية الشهية
Bism ELLAH ..
We are creative Arabs. We love our Arab culture. We care about preserving and reviving the Arabic culture.
We are Arab Poets, Writers, Authors, Speakers, Artists, Designers, Film Makers, Producers, Directors, Script Writers, Journalists, Reporters, Singers, Musicians, Dancers, Cheifs, professionals and business owners.
We get together for a coffee and share our creativiy of a powerful poem, a great novel, a beautiful painted picture, a hit film, social events, singles mingle, outdoor activities, fun events, etc.
We share our thoughts and positive criticizem arround the Arabic history. We create our Arabic culture of wearing traditional Arabic dresses, cooking traditional delicious Arabic food, sing and dance traditional songs and dances.
Here are some group ground rules to feel safe, to protect our rights and to create positive, healthy and productive environment. We can add more to them in our coming events.
Group Ground Rules:
1. You should be respectful and peaceful with the group organizers and every member of the group.
2. If any conflict happens, please bring it up to the event organizer to resolve the issue.
3. No religions or politics debates. No judging or criticizing others. No advices to others unless someone asked you for that.
4. If you didn't attend 3 events in sequence, you will be removed from the group.
5. If you RSVP and didn't show up, came late or updated your RSVP to not going in the 24 hours before the event, you will get a strike. If you get 3 strikes, you will be removed from the group.
6. You should have a visible profile picture and a real name there to make it easier for us to recognize you in the meetups.
7. For the sake of confidentiality, every thing said in the group should stay in the group.
8. There will be minimum admission fees of $5. The $5 will be collected upon your arrival. It is used to cover meetup group subscription fees and to compensate for time involved in organizing and hosting an event.
More charges might apply for renting a venue space, printing handouts, media kit, catering, logistics, etc.