addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Arduino Bay - San Francisco Bay Area Arduino User Group Message Board › C++ Interfacing via USB with my Arduino

C++ Interfacing via USB with my Arduino

A former member
Post #: 56
Hello. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction in trying to write C++ code running on my Ubuntu linux box to communicate with my Arduino. I want to use the Arduino to read data and do some simple processing of sensor data, as well as some stepper and server motor control. But I need it to take orders from and feed sensor data to a much more powerful computer. I found something called Firmata that looks promising, but have not found any C++ code examples for execution on the linux box. Any help or advice on this is much appreciated.

~Dana Ream