Title: SSAS Design and Performance Best Practices
A journey through best practices in relation to scalable SQL Server Analysis Services cube design. From dimension design to SSAS engine internals we will explore SSAS multidimensional design patterns that will take you through steps to assist in getting your SSAS cubes better optimized to better match the needs of your organization. After this session you will be able to take these performance design patterns and apply them to new and existing cubes to tune your SSAS cube environment.
· Best practice design patterns
· High level understanding of the SSAS internal engine and what role it plays
· Tuning techniques that provide performance gains
· Emphasis on the importance of solid multidimensional database design
Duration: 45 – 60 minutes
Alan Faulkner Bio:
Alan is an IT professional with over 20+ years of progressive technical experience managing, consulting, data integration architecture, data warehousing, and business intelligence development projects. The focus of his work is to work closely with stakeholders to develop architecture frameworks that align with organizational strategy, processes, and IT assets. He specializes in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing database architecture. Currently, a Senior BI Consultant with Pragmatic Works.
Email Address: [masked]
Speaker Blog: http://falconteksolutionscentral.com/
Linked In URL: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alan-faulkner/31/b79/932
Twitter Name: @FalconTekNic (http://twitter.com/falconteknic)
- Garage parking is $1.50 per 30 minutes or $12 for 4 hours or more. They accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. They do not accept American Express.
- There are parking meters in front of the building. The cost is 25¢ per 10 minutes, and may be paid in increments of 80 minutes at a time.
- There are light rail and bus stops at S Mill Ave and 3rd Street. After arriving at the stop, walk north on S Mill Ave for two short blocks. Microsoft is on the NE corner of S Mill Ave and E Rio Salado Pkwy in the Hayden Ferry Lakeside building. For further information and direction, please visit www.valleymetro.org (http://www.valleymetro.org/)
- We are approximately a ¼ mile walk from Tempe Beach Park, where there is limited FREE parking (parking lot is near the intersection of W Rio Salado Pkwy & S Ash Ave - 256 W Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85281).
- Alternate FREE parking location when Tempe Beach Parking Lot is closed for special events is parking at Tempe Center for the Arts (700 W Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85281).