Title: Enterprise Analytics - Exploiting the Power of SSAS with Pyramids’ BI Office Platform
Abstract: BI Office by Pyramid Analytics is a complete enterprise analytics platform that sits on top of the Microsoft BI stack. Supporting both tabular and multidimensional data models in SSAS, BI Office provides complete support for native SSAS functionality and enables integrated support of multiple sources including Power BI, SSRS and more.
The BI Office Platform features four key components, all centrally managed which enables full security, governance, scalability and versioning & lineage.
· Data Modeler enables code-free data models which are written back to SSAS in tabular format.
· Data Discovery provides the most powerful analytics available on SSAS data models and supports more native functionality than any other solution.
· Storyboards enable integrated dashboards from any number of data sources including integrated support for Power BI, SSRS and any URL addressable content.
· Publications offer dynamic report templates that produce professional, data-driven publications that simplify the manual process of executive narrative reporting. Publications can be scheduled and delivered via email or triggered by conditions in the data.
Pyramid Analytics is a Microsoft Gold Data Analytics Partner. In 2015, Microsoft and Pyramid formed an alliance and co-development efforts to tightly integrate Power BI and BI Office which is available today and rounds out the solution for cloud, on-prem and hybrid analytic deployments.
Michael Patterson, Director at Pyramid Analytics
Michael is passionate about the power of BI and the impact it can have on businesses by using innovative and critical insights to drive timely and well-informed decisions. Michael has been involved with analytics and reporting since Microsoft first introduced its BI offering in the late 90's. Since then, he has delivered countless solutions on top of the Microsoft stack, gone through an acquisition with Microsoft, co-founded a BI software company focused on Healthcare, and now back representing another partnership with Microsoft to deliver enterprise-class solutions.
Starting out as a technical consultant and working through several roles to the business side, Michael understands the full spectrum of issues in both camps and uses that experience to help organizations design and deliver effective solutions. His solution experience spans Healthcare, Retail, CPG, Transportation, Financial Services, Banking, Insurance, Manufacturing, Government, Legal, Sports & Entertainment, Hospitality and more.
Sponsor: Arizona SQL Server User Group (AZSSUG)
- Garage parking is $1.50 per 30 minutes or $12 for 4 hours or more. They accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. They do not accept American Express.
- There are parking meters in front of the building. The cost is 25¢ per 10 minutes, and may be paid in increments of 80 minutes at a time.
- There are light rail and bus stops at S Mill Ave and 3rd Street. After arriving at the stop, walk north on S Mill Ave for two short blocks. Microsoft is on the NE corner of S Mill Ave and E Rio Salado Pkwy in the Hayden Ferry Lakeside building. For further information and direction, please visit http://www.valleymetro.org
- We are approximately a ¼ mile walk from Tempe Beach Park, where there is limited FREE parking (parking lot is near the intersection of W Rio Salado Pkwy & S Ash Ave - 256 W Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85281).
- Alternate FREE parking location when Tempe Beach Parking Lot is closed for special events is parking at Tempe Center for the Arts (700 W Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85281).