addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Arizona WordPress Group Message Board › Manage WP Back-up Process

Manage WP Back-up Process

Carol S.
CarolStambaugh
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 30
Hello all,

When I first heard about ManageWP, I was skeptical because I didn't want to "bulk update" plugins not knowing how the updates would affect each site. However, I just started playing with ManageWP, and while you can "bulk update", you don't have to. It allows you to do individual updates as well, but from the one main dashboard. This makes this service much more appealing.

Does anyone in the group have experience with ManageWP, specifically regarding their back-ups, how seamless it works with Amazon S3, and any security risks? Would love to hear your experiences.

Carol
David Y.
user 8877426
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 1
I just started working with it last week.
So far, so good.

I haven't gotten deep enough to hook it up with my S3 account yet, but let's keep sharing info here.

So far, 3 web sites in it and all is good.

The WP stats don't seem to jive with my GA info, but I'm trying to sort that out.
Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 99
I didn't like it as the guy is based in one of the biggest hacker countries in the world...

I use wpremote.com and it's great.

There's a self hosted one now that I can't think of the name of... :/
Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 100
there's also this http://wordpress.org/...­
Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 101
OH FOUND IT.

http://infinitewp.com...­

:)
Jeff S.
JeffSchodde
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 12
Hello all,

When I first heard about ManageWP, I was skeptical because I didn't want to "bulk update" plugins not knowing how the updates would affect each site. However, I just started playing with ManageWP, and while you can "bulk update", you don't have to. It allows you to do individual updates as well, but from the one main dashboard. This makes this service much more appealing.

Does anyone in the group have experience with ManageWP, specifically regarding their back-ups, how seamless it works with Amazon S3, and any security risks? Would love to hear your experiences.

Carol

I have 6 sites set up for daily automatic backups to my S3 account. So far I've had no issues. I don't know of any security risks.
-Jeff