addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Arizona WordPress Group Message Board › Video Not Showing in Both Places

Video Not Showing in Both Places

Closed to new replies

A former member
Post #: 4
My first site after two weeks of hard work. I'm sure all of you understand my excitement! One of the challenges I'm attempting to work through is that my home page shows a video with the text. Select the Personal Development tab and scroll down to the same post. This time no picture. Yet a box with a circle and line are showing in place of the video.

Can someone please advise as to how I can correct this problem?

With Sincere Gratitude,
Ed Severance
PS: Using the Amazing Grace theme at www.justthepositive.com
Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 31
Well the main page is showing the post contents, of which the video is part of (embedded in the post).

When you look at the 'personal development' tab, which is a category archive, it's displaying each post's featured thumbnail and either an excerpt or a shortened version of each post. In that the video won't display as it's over the limit of the shortened post calculation (or if it's displaying excerpts, the video isn't part of that).

What you need to do is set a featured image for that post (go edit that post, bottom right in third column). The video can't be in there, just a pic.

That is assuming how that works... Could be different but w/o taking time to dig in that's the best I tell you at this point.

Cheers
A former member
Post #: 5
Thanks soooo much for helping me.

Ed Severance
Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 32
No problem man. It's what I'm here for.

Remember that http://PhxWordCamp.co...­ is coming in Jan too for a lot more WP help and info.

Chuck
http://chuckreynolds....­
A former member
Post #: 6
Signup last week and bringing a few others with me.

Ed
Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 33
Cool, see you then.

-- closing thread --