Grab your Christmas cards, pens and stamps and let’s send some holiday cards! Join us for brunch and a holiday card signing party. This event is kid-friendly.
AMERICAN RED CROSS
Each year the American Red Cross provides assistance to more than TWO MILLION SERVICE MEMBERS and many of our nation’s 24 MILLION VETERANS. They support military families, military and veterans hospitals and provide emergency communications across the globe. And once a year, they get the joy of delivering holiday greetings to veterans, military families and active-duty service members at hospitals and installations around the world.
The cards and personal messages, sent by tens of thousands of Americans, provide a welcome Touch of Home for our troops during the holiday season. Each year the American Red Cross collects cards between October and early December and then distributes them at military installations, veteran’s hospitals, and in other locations.
Every card received will be screened for hazardous materials by PITNEY BOWES and then reviewed by RED CROSS VOLUNTEERS working around the country. Please observe the following guidelines to ensure a quick reviewing process:
• Ensure that all cards are signed.
• Do not include email or home addresses on the cards: the program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.
• Use generic salutations such as “Dear Service Member.” Cards addressed to specific individuals can not be delivered through this program.
• Only cards are being accepted. Do not send or include letters.
• Do not include inserts of any kind, including photos: these items will be removed during the reviewing process.
• Please refrain from choosing cards with glitter or using loose glitter as it can aggravate health issues of ill and injured warriors.
Please supply your own stamps! If you are mailing a large quantity of cards, please bundle them and place them in large mailing envelopes or flat rate postal shipping boxes. Each card does not need its own envelope, as ENVELOPES WILL BE REMOVED FROM ALL CARDS before distribution.
All holiday greetings should be addressed and sent to:
Holiday Mail for Heroes, P.O. Box 5456, Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456
DEADLINE FOR HAVING CARDS TO THE P.O. BOX IS DECEMBER 6th. Holiday cards received after this date cannot be guaranteed delivery.