The cooler weather is telling us it's time to do another chili cookoff. Everyone has their favorite chili recipe they like to make, so dust off your crockpot, make your best recipe and bring it over to see how it measures up against others.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
1. We of course need chili entries. When making your RSVP, be sure to note if you'll be bringing chili. You'll need to bring your chili in a slow cooker and provide a spoon for stirring/serving.
2. We also need the sides to go with it such as fritos, crackers, cheese, onions, cornbread, or desserts.
3. We'll have plastic ware, tasting cups, napkins, ice tea, water and some sodas. Feel free to bring your drink of choice. We aren't youngins so adult beverages are welcome too.
4. $5 per person: this will help generate prize money and defray the some of the set up costs. Everyone will easily get a bowl or more of chili so should be a cheap date for anyone of us.
5. Everyone gets to taste and judge! [bring rolaids if you need them]
PRIZES details to follow but know there will be many and good ones. Watch conversation as we get your input too.
PHOTOS Be sure to check out the pictures from the previous years' events
2010- http://www.meetup.com/AroundArlington/photo... (http://www.meetup.com/AroundArlington/photos/1160425/)
THE ABOVE ADDRESS IS APPROXIMATE FOR PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY. Since this is a private residence, the exact location will be emailed to all YES RSVP's approx. 24 hours prior to the event
ACTIVE MEMBERS As this event is in a private residence, it is open to members we have met (Active Members) - safety precaution - thanks for understanding! There are many opportunities to meet us prior to this event at public locations. Other RSVP's will be removed prior to emailing address.