addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Art in Photography Message Board › Looking for volunteer executive director to have fun!

Looking for volunteer executive director to have fun!

Paul D.
user 8335915
Burlington, VT
Hi All,

Our Art in Photography Meetup has rapidly grown over the past year. We just reached 300 members!

Jon Bondy has done a great job managing our Meetup, but now has limited time to fully devote to meet our organizational needs as the group continues to grow.

Jon and I are looking for a new volunteer who has time to be our executive director. Also, we are also looking for others to lead parts of the group's organizational functions. Below are examples of the volunteers we are looking for to drive our group in 2013.

If any of you are interested, that would be wonderful! Please send me an email.

I look forward to anyone's response.

Cheers!

Paul

-------------------- POSITIONS --------------------

Meetup Executive Director (Jon Bondy will provide support)

- Find the right people to head up the below lead positions.

- Replace the leads as they retire.

- Keep the leads motivated so everyone is having fun.

- Possibly take up one of the lead positions.

- Ensure everyone is having fun, meeting each other, and learning from all experiences.

- Identify new ideas to make the meetup even better!

- Manage the group's high-level structure, strategy, and financials.

- Have fun!

Monthly Critique Leads (this role can be shared by multiple people).

- Organize a rotating print and digital monthly critiques. One month is the physical print display and the next month is the digital projector display. We rotate each month.

- Do all of the web postings and manage web comments.

- Set up the venue, chairs, etc.

- Facilitate the print sessions. This is pretty straight forward with time management and comment encouragement.

- Facilitate the digital sessions. For this one, we could find another person to run the computer if the lead is not comfortable doing this. In either case, it would be easy for the leader, Ken, and I to define simple best practices and procedures on how to gather the files, setup LightRoom, and run through the presentation with a consistent formula. Of course this would also require facilitation of  time management and comment encouragement.

- Close down the venue

- Follow up with postings on the website, such as encouraging image postings.

Outing Event Lead.

- Identify at least four to five special events during the year. Events could be shoot outings (i.e., going to Montreal for the day to shoot), visiting museums or galleries, etc.the

- Organize and plan the events and coordinate with the location owner as needed.

- Do all the web postings and manage web comments.

- Facilitate the actual event (i.e., managing the trip coordination, keeping everyone active, together, and having fun).

- Follow up with postings on the website, such as encouraging image postings.

Educational Event Lead.

- Identify at least four-per-year educational events, such as one-day or weekend workshops to be driven by a guest photographer.

- Find the guest teacher.

- Organize and plan the event.

- Identify and set up the venue.

- Collaborate with Darkroom Gallery for supplemental class events.

- Collaborate with the local schools and other educational galleries for supplemental class events.

- Do all of the web postings and manage web comments.

- Conduct other advertising and promoting.

- Facilitate the event (i.e., introduce the guest instructor).

- Follow up with postings on the website, such as encouraging image postings.

Sponsorship & Finance Lead (Most likely managed by the Executive Director).

- Identify companies and individuals who could sponsor the meetup, such as buying ad space or sponsoring events with cash, products, or services.

- Manage the meetup's budget

- Post up and manage banner ads on the website

- Send out bulletins to help promote the sponsors.

- Tie in sponsors with all events as appropriate.

- Manage the Meetup.com annual fees.
James P.
bcy475
South Burlington, VT
Post #: 29
> Identify at least four to five special events during the year. Events could be shoot
> outings (i.e., going to Montreal for the day to shoot), visiting museums or galleries, etc.the

Check out Montreal's Meetup Group: Perhaps a joint one:

For example the Biodome at: Montreal Shutterbug Photo Group: Biodome Shooting Event