I also wanted to follow up with some more information about the upcoming Unconference
we're hosting next month, as many people approached me with questions about what to expect and how to get involved. So I wrote up a quick handy list of Everything You Could Possibly Want To Know About The ArtsTech Unconference
to help explain:
1. The Unconference is taking place on Saturday, April 27th at AOL's offices near Astor Place. We're taking over all 3 floors of their office space!
2. It's a day-long event that will run from 9am-6pm.
3. Your ticket includes breakfast, lunch, beverages and snacks throughout the day. Yum!
4. The attendees (that's you!) determine the unconference session topics on the morning of the event. You simply arrive early and claim a spot on the schedule.
5. We're curating a couple of Featured Sessions ahead of time. Submit a Featured Session application by April 8th
to get a guaranteed spot and a free pass.
6. An ideal Unconference session is much more informal than a typical conference session and can be a group discussion, a presentation, a workshop, a hacking session, a screening, a performance, a skillshare, a demo, and more. Think of this as an open forum for discussing interesting ideas, timely topics or new projects.
7. You don't need to lead a session to attend. You can come just to learn, participate and meet people.
8. Sessions are not for self-promotion. Rather, this is an opportunity for conversation, collaboration, and knowledge-exchange.
10. It's most fun when you team up with a friend to lead a session or attend the day.
If you have questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to send them my way!
If you want to get involved as a volunteer or a sponsor, shoot me an email at [address removed].
Thanks and hope to see you at the Unconference!