9311 Lark Bunting Dr, Westminster, CO
TYPE: STSP Monthly | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly sidewalk, some grass/dirt trail, some gravel road, mostly flat with 1 gradual incline | DISTANCE: Approx. 3 mi |
Walk Description: Welcome to Walk2Connect’s first Same Time Same Place walk in Westminster! We look forward to connecting as we enjoy a beautiful and varied walk "through the neighborhood." All are welcome! This walk is relaxed and casual. Starting at Oakhurst Park, the trail follows the long abandoned Niver Canal irrigation ditch. Tenacious cottonwood trees struggle to live along the dried-up canal. The trail leaves the park and enters a grassy open space area with beautiful mountain views. We will cross Independence Street and enter Standley Lake Regional Park, then reconnect the loop at the Farmers Highline Canal trail. Come to make new friends while getting the mind, body, and spirit moving at the pace you were built to.
Walking Movement Leader: Chari Gentile is originally from Nebraska, but has lived in Colorado for 30 years. Chair says: " I walk for health and I like to connect with other people."
Schedule and Planning: We will meet at 9:00 am in the parking lot at 9311 Lark Bunting Drive near the Oakhurst Pavilion (this is on the West side of Lark Bunting Drive). We’ll talk through Walk2Connect goals, answer any questions and lightly warm up. If you are going to use the restroom please plan to arrive before 9:00 am. We leave NO LATER than 9:10 am. We should be done walking by 10:15am. You can of course leave early if you need to. There is plenty of parking.
• Dogs are allowed. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes, please.
• Wear/Bring layering for weather & sunglasses/sunscreen and water.
• Restrooms are available at the parking area before we go. Please plan to use restroom beforehand.
Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightning or snow. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2016.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on social media: @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
@Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH