We are a diverse group of travelers. Solo treking, group tours, Canada, Borneo, luxury travel, off the beaten path --- our members have as many travel styles as there are places to visit. The unifying factors in this group are enthusiasm for traveling and and an interest in sharing information.
As a group - we have 12 traveling together thus far . . .
Independent Travel Package includes:
• Round trip flights from CHARLOTTE to Lisbon
• Accommodation at 4-star hotels in Évora, Algarve and Lisbon
• Breakfast included all but 2 days
• Rental car for the entire stay (Manual shift or upgrade to automatic)
• Taxes (except Lisbon City Tourist Tax)
$1199 +/- per person/Double occupancy (Rates change constantly!)
Add only $239 for Single occupancy (with or w/o car & ride share in van)
• In Évora, the whole town is an UNESCO World Heritage Site! Go back in time when you visit Évora in the Alentejo region; this old town's historic stone walls have been guarding the streets and buildings practically unaltered throughout the centuries.
• The Algarve region is Portugal's premier holiday destination, with its breathtaking cliffs, golden beaches, scalloped bays and sandy islands. It is known for having a Mediterranean climate and a great temperature all year round. As you travel across the Algarve, amidst its hills and plains filled with places of great ecological interest, rich in biodiversity and ecosystems, you will feel as though you are passing through an area full of different traditions, unchanged for many centuries.
* Only a 3-hour drive from our hotel, some have plans to take an all-day trip to Seville, Spain! An extraordinary old-world city with awe inspiring sights at every turn! Hop-on-Off or Guided tour is available once in Seville.
• Lisbon, the cosmopolitan capital of Portugal and Europe's second-oldest capital (after Athens), has now become the new "it" destination for tourists visiting Europe. Known as "The City of the Sea" & "The City of the Explorers" like Magellan & others, the people are charming, the food is some of the best in Europe, and the combination of old cobbled streets with a modern vibe make it a delightful experience for any visitor. Rich in history, architecture, culture and entertainment, this historical capital will surely captivate you! Enjoy strolling on the black and white mosaic cobblestone sidewalks, large boulevards and quaint alleyways. Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites (Mosterio dos Jerónimos and Torre de Belém) and the Moorish São Jorge Castle for some of the most amazing views of Lisbon! Discover the Elevador de Santa Justa & Cristo Rei.
You may enjoy an optional typical fado show in one of Lisbon's Fado Houses in the famous Alfama district, accompanied by an elegant glass of Portugal's outstanding wine! A number of sightseeing tours are available.
** Travel Insurance is highly recommended. **
Contact for further information or to book: Janice Adkins - Organizer[masked] -or- Email: [masked]