addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Asia-Pacific Advanced Squad Leader Message Board › Malaya Madness 2014 tournament flyer

Malaya Madness 2014 tournament flyer

George B.
GBates
Group Organizer
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 28
Friends,

The Malaya Madness 2014 Executive Committee has just approved the choices of the Scenario Selection Committee, thus finalizing our schedule and allowing us to issue the tournament flyer, your complete guide to a 3-day weekend of ASL goodness in the Lion City.

The scenarios picked are a fantastic mix of chestnuts, new favorites and rarities that should make for some interesting contests. Following Friday's warm-ups, all participants will jump into the deep end of the pool Saturday to get their money's worth from their recent Rising Sun acquisitions. The final round consists of scenarios featuring the Men From Down Under (the Executive Committee may have been stacked) which should yield us a champion of considerable breadth and prowess.

At this writing there are 11 entrants with another pending, meaning we have nearly achieved our initial attendance target, and still have a clear opportunity to fill all the brackets of a 5-round competition if we can rope in four more players. What an exciting start. I'm more thrilled about this than I ever was waiting for Santa to come.

Several people deserve recognition for their contributions to our progress to date; particularly David Leong, Bruce Probst, Mark Humphries, Pete Palmer and John Knowles. Thanks so much to each of you. The Awards Committee is also now hard at work and we expect to being hearing great things from them soon.

This may be our first effort, but we're going to have a whale of a time. Why would you want to miss out? Smash your piggy banks and buy your tickets now. See you across the table before you know it!

Cheers!

- G
Stanley N.
sneo
Singapore, SG
Post #: 8
nicely doneup flyer :D
George B.
GBates
Group Organizer
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 30
Thanks, Stanley. Here's our poster.

The flyer is also updated here.

As I noted on Consim, we're looking for interest in tournament t-shirts from both attendees and non-participating supporters. The shirts would feature this emblem on either khaki or olive colored cotton fabric. Our minimum order is 30 units, for a price we expect to come in at SGD 23.00, or about USD 20.00. 30 units is about double our hoped for attendance, so we want help from those who can't attend but would like to support our event to make up the difference. Please contact me off line if you want to get your hands on one of these babies. They're destined to become collector's items.

Deepest appreciation to Zeke, Maik, Stanley and the entire T-shirt committee for carrying us this far.
Jackson K.
hongkongwargamer
Hong Kong, HK
Post #: 1
Nice work George, I just sent you a mail. I said 1 in the mail but I would like to up that to 2 please. Oh, my appreciation to the "T-shirt Committee". See you soon!!

Rgds, Jack
Peter-James P.
user 123791152
Central Coast, AU
Post #: 1
Hi George, may as well put me down for 3 of them, I usually pick up a couple to wear at the event and one for the 11 year old :)
A former member
Post #: 1,427
I can't make it for the tourney,but I can still support for 2 Ts.
Stanley N.
sneo
Singapore, SG
Post #: 9
I am going to order 2 personally.
George B.
GBates
Group Organizer
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 31
I can't make it for the tourney,but I can still support for 2 Ts.
Whatta guy! Thanks for your generosity, Alexis! By my count we now have 18. If we can get to 25, I recommend we go ahead.
Peter-James P.
user 123791152
Central Coast, AU
Post #: 2
Just thought I'd spread the good news cool
I'm booked and paid to fly in to Changi the evening of Wednesday, 19th (easier to arrive early) so will be able to meet up with the early arrivals on the Thursday. Jackson will be staying at the POD as well, so two of the out of towners will be able to navigate together - looking forward to it
George B.
GBates
Group Organizer
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 34
Really looking forward to having you guys. Will be in touch with all participants in a few days with an early roster and some more participant information. I expect there will be some socializing Thursday afternoon/evening, but lights out will be early that night!