Location visible to members
New authentic ramen place that opened about a month or 2 ago, taking over the location that formerly housed the Thai restaurant, Krua Siri. Had the tonkotsu ramen, which was pretty good. I am curious to go back and try their vegetable ramen made with miso broth. Ramen here is quite reasonable at only $7.50 per bowl.
They offer a few appetizers such as okra with bonito flakes, takoyaki (octopus balls) and gyoza, all of which are quite good, as well as beer and hot sake.
• We will meet inside of the restaurant shortly before 7:30pm. I will see if I can make a reservation for the group.
• We won't be dining family style, but sharing of appetizers is encouraged.
• Cost per person is expected to be about $15 - $25, depending on how much food we order, plus any beverages, tax and gratuity. Please bring at least $40 in CASH (small bills preferred) to settle your portion of the bill.
• Parking is available in the small private lot behind the restaurant. Entrance is off Normandie just north of Hollywood. Street parking is also available. Be sure to read the street signs for any parking restrictions, especially whether or not you need to feed the meters, if you are parked at a meter space.
• So far, they have received an average rating of 4.5 Stars out of 5.0 on Yelp from 10 reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/fukurou-ramen-los-angeles