addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

ALT.NET Atlanta Pragmatic Programmers Message Board RETIRED FORUM: ALT.NET Atlanta Pragmatic Programmers Discussion Forum › Great news from our new sponsor Pluralsight Hardcore Developer Training!

Great news from our new sponsor Pluralsight Hardcore Developer Training! (Free video training for all of us!)

Josh G.
user 7498547
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Hello everyone,

I have great news to share!

Our first group sponsor, Pluralsight, offers fantastic streaming video training. As a community group leader, I've been authorized by them directly to show these videos FREEat meetings of our group.

And, I have two other great offers from Pluralsight:

• I have 25 1-month-free subscriptions that I can raffle off at meetups to members of this group.

• Pluralsight will offer a free 1-month subscription to any unemployed members of our group

Pluralsight also invites you to subscribe to their newsletter athttp://link.pluralsight.com/news­.

As an example, watch their "Building ASP.NET MVC 3 Applications" for free athttp://www.asp.net/mvc­ on the left side "Essential Videos" section.

I've just taken a new full-time position to work on a high-profile system and am under direction to think "long-term" about the system architecture and surrounding development practices. Consequently, I am going to be looking to study many of these topics in great depth.

So, I'd love to share this great material that Pluralsight has authorized me to share with others in this group.

Here is the full list of their courses:
http://www.pluralsight-training.net/microsoft/olt/courses.aspx­

I'm most interested, at this time, to watch either the MVC 3 courses, or the "Principles of Object Oriented Design" and "Test First Development 1 and 2". These are a total of about 9 hours of content which we could cover over 3 to 4 events probably to avoid burnout. The TDD Part 2 course also covers BDD with Gherkin, SpecFlow, and StoryQ -- a recent topic of interest from our members.

If anyone else is interested, Please Let Me Know.

But, also send me your "top 3" prefered courses (or a total of 10 hours max) and best nights / times for meeting. I will see how many people share similar interests, and will be more than willing to prioritize the most popular ones toward the front.

When we do meet, I'll raffle off a few of the free 1-month memberships as well!

Here are some more example courses:

Software Practices

Agile Team Practices with Scrum [03:44:41]

Continuous Integration [02:34:09]

Design Patterns Library [09:35:32]

Principles of Object Oriented Design [04:07:57]

Test First Development I [03:33:09]

Test First Development II [02:43:55]

The course "Principles of Object Oriented Design" contains these topics:

• The Single Responsibility Principle
  • The Open/Closed Principle
  • The Liskov Substitution Principle
  • The Interface Segregation Principle
  • The Dependency Inversion Principle I
  • The Dependency Inversion Principle II
  • Don't Repeat Yourself Principle I
  • Don't Repeat Yourself II
  • Don't Repeat Yourself III

Full Details: http://www.pluralsight-training.net/microsoft/olt/Course/Toc.aspx?n=principles-oo-design­

Here are a few more examples:

Android
Android Development for .NET Developers [05:39:53]

ASP.NET
ASP.NET 3.5 Advanced Topics [05:59:31]

ASP.NET 3.5 Fundamentals [06:46:48]

ASP.NET 3.5 Security [02:38:24]

ASP.NET 3.5 Working With Data [07:27:38]

ASP.NET 4.0 New Features [02:26:36]

ASP.NET Ajax Advanced Topics [02:53:25]

ASP.NET Ajax Fundamentals [06:11:11]

ASP.NET Ajax JavaScript and jQuery [02:22:24]

ASP.NET Dynamic Data Fundamentals [05:01:38]

ASP.NET MVC 2.0 Fundamentals [01:54:31]

ASP.NET MVC 3.0 Fundamentals [03:17:13]

ASP.NET MVC Advanced Topica [05:19:14]

ASP.NET MVC Fundamentals [04:42:34]

ASP.NET XML Reporting by Example [00:37:33]

Building Applications with ASP.NET 4 WebForms [06:24:29]

Building Applications with ASP.NET MVC 3 [06:29:14]

Implementing Undo in ASP.NET WebForms and MVC [01:19:05]

iPhone ASP.NET Fundamentals [07:07:18]

Web Debugging by Example [00:44:16]

As you can see these are lengthy and varied.