addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Atlanta Nodejs Developers Message Board › Appreciations all around

Appreciations all around

Joseph D.
Hello Peeps!
I just wanted to take a moment and express my appreciation to a few people who deserve it.
First, to Ryan Connelly.  When Hypepotamus informed me that we would no longer be able to meet at their location, Ryan took charge and found us a sponsor and a place for our meetings to live.  He really came through in our time of need.  He started this group almost three years ago and I am happy that he's allowed me to be part of it.
I also wanted to thank the generous people at BitPay.  Not only have they opened up their offices to allow us to meet and supplied food and drink, but they have become part of the excitement for things to come.  I was able to spend some time with them after Thursday's meeting and they seem just as excited about the future of our Meetup as I am.  Those guys rock!
Speaking of BitPay - You may have noticed that we are already busting at the seams in our new location.  Not to worry.  BitPay has another room that is about to undergo some construction love.  Once it is complete, it will be able to house a much larger audience.  I am not sure exactly what the completion date will be, so we may have to endure close quarters for a little while.  Just look at it as an opportunity to get to know each other that much better!
Thanks to our speakers, Gordon Hall and Edward Lee.  Those guys did an amazing job.  I am sure many of you do not know that including Thursday's presentations, Gordon and Edward have a total of 3 presentations between them.  Yes, that's right, only one of them had presented before Thursday night and he had only presented once.  The content was quality and the delivery was outstanding.
I also wanted to extend my appreciation to all of you.  You are what makes these meetings worthwhile.  If it weren't for you, we'd have no presenters, no audience, and no Meetup.  You always show up and happily participate.  Thanks to you all.
I am happy that the transition from Hype to BitPay is going smoothly and I look forward to seeing you at next month's meeting.

Joe.