addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Atlanta Game Night Meetup Group Message Board › Casey's cookie recipes

Casey's cookie recipes

A former member
Post #: 2
I managed to figure out which Snickerdoodle recipe I used, and as it turns out, both it and the chocolate cookie recipe came from The Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook by Cybele Pascal. She uses her own flour mixture, so I've included that recipe along with the two cookie recipes. The recipes are exactly as they appear in the book, but I've added some notes in brackets. If anyone needs some xanthan gum or Ener-G egg replacer, let me know, because I've got more than enough.

Basic Gluten-Free Flour Mix
Makes 6 cups

4 cups superfine brown rice flour
1 1/3 cups potato starch (not potato flour)
2/3 cup tapioca flour (also called tapioca starch)
[Casey's note: I order all my gluten-free flours and starches from Nuts.com. Cybele recommends Authentic Foods brand for the brown rice flour.]

1. [Note: stir the flour before you measure it, to help aerate it.] To measure flour, use a large spoon to scoop flour into the measuring cup, then level it off with the back of a knife or straightedge. Do not use the measuring cup itself to scoop your flour when measuring! It will compact the flour and you will wind up with too much for the recipe.
2. Combine all ingredients in a gallon-size zipper-top bag. Shake until well blended. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
A former member
Post #: 3
Snickerdoodles
Makes 24 2 ½ inch cookies

2 ½ cups plus 2 tablespoons Basic Gluten-Free Flour Mix
½ teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
¾ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons cream of tartar
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup dairy-free, soy-free vegetable shortening
¾ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 ½ teaspoons Ener-G egg replacer mixed with 2 tablespoons rice milk [I used almond milk]
¼ cup plus 1 teaspoon rice milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar mixed with 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together the flour mix, xanthan gum, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the shortening, granulated sugar, and brown sugar, mixing on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and egg replacer. Mix for 20 seconds.
4. Add the flour mixture in two batches, mixing on low speed, alternating with the rice milk, and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
5. Roll the dough into 24 heaping tablespoon-size balls (1 ½ inches in diameter). Roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until coated on all sides (they'll look like Dunkin' Donuts cinnamon Munchkins!).
6. Place on the baking sheets 3 inches apart. [Smash them down a little into more of a cookie shape. They won't spread much in the oven.] Bake for 10 minutes in the center of the oven. Let cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to a cooling rack.
A former member
Post #: 4
Double Choco Chunk Cookies
Makes 24 2-inch cookies

1 ¼ cups Basic Gluten-Free Flour Mix
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
¼ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup canola oil [I used safflower oil]
1/3 cup rice milk [I used almond milk]
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup Enjoy Life Rice Milk Boom Choco Boom bars, chopped into chunks (about 4 [1.4-ounce] bars), or 1 cup dairy-free, soy-free chocolate chips. [I used the Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips]

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine the flour mix, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Mix thoroughly, being sure to work out any lumps of cocoa powder.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the canola oil and rice milk, mixing on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the vanilla and sugar. Mix for 20 seconds.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix on low speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
5. Scoop out the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls and place on the baking sheets, 12 per sheet. Wet your hands with a little water and roll the dough into balls, moistening your hands again as necessary. [Again, flatten into a cookie shape.]
6. Bake in the center of the oven for 12 minutes, until just set. Do not overcook, as chocolate burns easily. You want the inside to remain chewy, not dry.
7. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to a cooling rack.
Melinda D.
user 13638555
Roswell, GA
Post #: 3
Thank you so much for posting the recipes! I look forward to trying them.
A former member
Post #: 1
Thank you Casey! Those snickerdoodles are the best cookie I have ever had...and I have had aLOT of cookies!